This Event: The International Transforming Education Conference 2024
The following terms and conditions apply to Your registration for, admission to, and continued attendance at this Event, and to any of Your accompanying guests:
1. Leishman Associates Pty Ltd enters into this contract as agent for the Host:
These terms and conditions form an agreement between You and Leishman Associates Pty Ltd (ABN 22 103 078 897) (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) as agent for and on behalf of the Christian Education National (“Host”). All of Our obligations, rights and remedies under this agreement are obligations, rights and remedies of the Host. To the extent that this agreement confers a benefit, right or remedy on the Host, it is intended that We shall also have the benefit of it and the right to exercise or enforce it.
2. Your capacity:
You enter into this agreement in Your own personal capacity, and also for and on behalf of:
- (a) any business or organisation which You represent or which employs You; and
- (b) any guest other person(s) for whom You complete registration for the Event,
(each of which is a “Relevant Person”) and You warrant that You:
- (c) have the express authority of all Relevant Persons to enter into this agreement on its/their behalf;
- (d) have provided a copy of this agreement to all Relevant Persons; and
- (e) have the consent of each Relevant Person (being an individual) to provide his/her personal information to Us and the Host.
3. Compliance with venue terms and conditions:
You must at all times comply with the terms and conditions of entry to each venue connected with this Event, and with any lawful directions given by its authorised personnel.
4. Full payment required:
Full payment, in cleared funds and in Australian dollars, of the registration fee, applicable GST, and all other monies due and payable in connection with Your attendance at this Event must be made:
- (a) by credit card when You submit Your application to register for this Event; or
- (b) if You submit Your application to register for this Event at least 30 days before the commencement of the Event and request an invoice, by credit card or electronic funds transfer, within 14 days of the date of Our invoice.
5. Your cancellation of Your registration:
You may cancel Your registration, by notifying Us by email. If You do not receive acknowledgement by email within two business days, please contact Leishman Associates on (03) 6234 7844. You will only be entitled to a refund or partial refund as set out below:
Your cancellation – if you cannot attend the following cancellation terms will apply
- If you notify us by email before 5pm on the date that is 60 days before the Event commences, you must pay a cancellation fee of $150.00 (including GST) and if, when you give us that notice, you have paid more than that sum, we will refund the balance; or
- If you notify us by email before 5pm on the day that is 30 days before the Event commences, you must pay one half of the full cost of your registration (plus GST). If, when you give us that notice, you have paid more than that sum, we will refund the balance; and
- You may cancel your registration after 5pm on the date that is 30 days before the Event commences, but you will not be entitled to a refund.
6. Cancellation or Postponement of the Event by the Host
The Host (and Leishman Associates, as the agent of the Host) may cancel or postpone the Event at any time, for any reason. We will notify you by email if any of the foregoing occurs.
- If the Event is cancelled, we will refund all monies paid to date;
- If the Event is postponed, and you tell us that you cannot or do not wish to attend on the new date, you may cancel your registration by notice to us by email. If you tell us that you wish to attend on the new date, we will retain the monies you have paid as your registration Fee for the Event as postponed. If you do not notify us that you wish to attend the Event as postponed within the period we specify when we give you notice of postponement, your registration will be cancelled unless we otherwise agree in writing, and we will refund all monies paid to date.
7. Your travel and accommodation expenses:
Expenses for any arrangements you may make for travel and accommodation are at your sole risk and your rights to a refund or partial refund are your sole entitlements on cancellation, postponement and conversion of the Event. We recommend you consider making accommodation and transport arrangements that permit variation or cancellation with appropriate refunds. We further recommend that you obtain insurance (if available) that will reimburse your accommodation and transport costs in the event of cancellation.
8. Event subject to change:
While the Host will make reasonable endeavours to stage the Event as advertised, You agree that, the following may occur without liability of any kind to You:
- (a) changes to the Event dates, the venue or the location of the Event or components of the Event within the venue;
- (b) changes to program content, its order or session times;
- (c) changes to the speakers, entertainers and other presenters;
- (d) changes to the social program and the venue(s) for dinners and other social events.
If any changes occur to the Event as advertised, reasonable endeavours will be made to arrange for reasonable substitutes, subject to availability and the circumstances that made the change(s) necessary or desirable. Notice of substantial and material changes will be placed on this website. You are responsible for checking for such notifications/alerts prior to the Event.
9. Your conduct at this Event: At all times during this Event You must:
- (a) conduct Yourself in a reasonable, respectful, considerate and lawful manner;
- (b) not act, speak or otherwise communicate in a manner that is offensive, obscene or that reasonable persons may consider to be offensive or obscene;
- (c) if You consume alcohol, do so reasonably and responsibly;
- (d) not place the safety and health of any person(s) at the Event at risk;
- (e) not cause personal injury to, or defame, any person or damage the property of any person;
- (f) be respectful towards speakers and others expressing their opinions and refrain from causing a nuisance or interrupting or disrupting programme content;
- (g) comply promptly with Our reasonable and lawful directions and those of the authorised staff of the Host, its contractor and of the relevant venues;
- (h) ensure that each Relevant Person complies with the foregoing.
We or the Host may, without liability to You or any Relevant Person, eject You (and/or a Relevant Person) from the Event and/or refuse entry to the Event or any part of the Event if We or the Host, acting reasonably, consider that You or a Relevant Person are/is in breach of these terms and conditions, or for any other reasonable cause.
10. Release of liability:
You release Us and the Host from liability for any losses, costs (including legal costs and disbursements) damage or claims, including but not limited to:
- (a) death or personal injury of any kind sustained by You or any Relevant Person;
- (b) damage to, loss of or destruction of Your and any Relevant Person’s property of any kind;
- (c) damage to Your reputation or that of any Relevant Person,
except to the extent that such loss, cost, damage or claim is directly caused by Our negligence or that of the Host (but in which case, clause 11 applies).
11. Limitation and exclusion of liability:
To the extent permitted by law:
- (a) to the extent permissible under the law, any claim that You and/or a Relevant Person may have in respect of goods or services supplied in connection with the Event, which claim is pursuant to a statutory right that cannot be excluded, Our liability and that of the Host is limited, in the case of:
- (i) goods, to the replacement of the goods or the cost of having the goods replaced or repaired; and
- (ii) services, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services resupplied… and
- (b) Our liability and that of the Host to You and any Relevant Person for any other cause of action, including but not limited to breach of contract, negligence or other breach of duty:
- (i) for travel and accommodation expenses, loss of enjoyment, loss of profit, loss or revenue, lost cost savings, loss of opportunity, loss of enjoyment or indirect or consequential loss of any kind, is excluded in full; and
- (ii) for any other loss, is limited in aggregate to the sum of the monies actually paid by You in connection with Your registration for the Event.